Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Nashua man ruled incompetent to be tried in mom’s brutal beating
Judge Jacalyn Colburn of Hillsborough County Superior Court ruled earlier this month that Thomas V. Foden, 39, of Nashua, is currently incompetent to be tried on three felony charges of second-degree assault and one count of burglary for the Nov. 25, 2012, attack.
Foden, who has a history of mental illness, allegedly invaded Alicia J. Flanders’ Merrimack home and began assaulting her, pushing her into a glass cabinet that severed her left ear and caused her left eye socket to rupture. Court records indicate that the ear, which was found by authorities, could not be reattached.
Foden, according to court documents, “holds very strong negative beliefs about psychiatry and mental health treatment, including the belief that mental illness is used by the government as a means of control or social hygiene, as well as the contention that he does not suffer from any mental illness,” says court records.
Colburn agreed, recommending that Foden be transferred to the New Hampshire Hospital or the secure psychiatric unit at the state prison for new treatment.
During Foden’s arraignment last fall, Judge Clifford Kinghorn described photographs of Flanders’ injuries as “some of the most awful pictures I’ve ever seen” and said his heart goes out to Flanders.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Big tipper stops for lunch
Driver was trying to kill himself
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424