Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Mass. steroids dealer sentenced to 1 to 3 years in state prison
Prosecutors revealed for the first time during Tuesday’s hearing that Ferrara thought he was dealing with the Hells Angels last June 4.
But Ferrara was actually in the middle of a drug sting surrounded by sheriff deputies. He was arrested shortly after the meeting on Route 125 in Brentwood — en route to Laconia to complete the transaction, according to Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino. Deputies recovered roughly 8,000 pills and 1,090 milliliters of injectable steroids.
Ferrara’s lawyer, John Gillen, called the scenario of deputies posing as members of the motorcycle club as “laughable” while arguing for a time-served sentence of 103 days.
Zaino said Ferrara expected to reap $10,000 from the sale, but sheriff deputies later estimated the street value for the assortment of anabolic steroids at $35,000. The defense disputed the estimated street value.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 34
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424