Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Mass. steroids dealer sentenced to 1 to 3 years in state prison
Prosecutors revealed for the first time during Tuesday’s hearing that Ferrara thought he was dealing with the Hells Angels last June 4.
But Ferrara was actually in the middle of a drug sting surrounded by sheriff deputies. He was arrested shortly after the meeting on Route 125 in Brentwood — en route to Laconia to complete the transaction, according to Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino. Deputies recovered roughly 8,000 pills and 1,090 milliliters of injectable steroids.
Ferrara’s lawyer, John Gillen, called the scenario of deputies posing as members of the motorcycle club as “laughable” while arguing for a time-served sentence of 103 days.
Zaino said Ferrara expected to reap $10,000 from the sale, but sheriff deputies later estimated the street value for the assortment of anabolic steroids at $35,000. The defense disputed the estimated street value.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 9
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax
- Total Votes: 917