Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Mass. steroids dealer sentenced to 1 to 3 years in state prison
Prosecutors revealed for the first time during Tuesday’s hearing that Ferrara thought he was dealing with the Hells Angels last June 4.
But Ferrara was actually in the middle of a drug sting surrounded by sheriff deputies. He was arrested shortly after the meeting on Route 125 in Brentwood — en route to Laconia to complete the transaction, according to Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino. Deputies recovered roughly 8,000 pills and 1,090 milliliters of injectable steroids.
Ferrara’s lawyer, John Gillen, called the scenario of deputies posing as members of the motorcycle club as “laughable” while arguing for a time-served sentence of 103 days.
Zaino said Ferrara expected to reap $10,000 from the sale, but sheriff deputies later estimated the street value for the assortment of anabolic steroids at $35,000. The defense disputed the estimated street value.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief charged in wife's assault - 3
- Police say woman, daughters robbed of their purses in Manchester motel parking lot - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 8
- Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH - 4
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 45
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917