Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
YouTube pot growing leads to notice to plead guilty
The plea deal was struck just months after Berry was arrested again in Lawrence, Mass., for growing more marijuana in his apartment.
A judge will ultimately decide on Berry’s sentence at a plea and sentencing hearing on Aug. 27, according to court documents.
Berry faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison, but the plea deal signals that he will likely face a lesser sentence in exchange for his guilty plea.
Prosecutors contended that Berry failed to adhere to bail conditions in light of his his April 22 arrest in Lawrence in another pot-growing case.
Berry came to court last month with packet called a “Marijuana Recommendation Kit” that was signed by a Methuen, Mass., doctor.
Massachusetts recently passed a medical marijuana law in November. The state’s Department of Public Health is developing regulations, but has yet to create a registration process for patients.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge increases bail to $100,000 cash for Dover teen accused of starting fire Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester man accused of robbery at knifepoint - 0
- Sunapee man apologizes for deaths of Vermont couple - 0
- Hudson woman arrested in meth lab case - 0
- Candia police investigating possible pitbull fighting - 0
- Man shot by Nashua police says he was acting in self defense - 1
- Diocese issues narrative regarding investigation of monsignor - 0
- Bishops' statements on sentencing of Rev. Msgr. Arsenault - 0
- Man arrested after two men robbed on Canal Street - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 0
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
- Executive Council vote: Centralized immunization registry becoming a reality - 0
- Littleton music store still playing the right notes - 0
New Hampshire Club Notes
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917