NH's Kohler tied for second at New England Am
The Spofford resident fashioned a four-under 67, leaving him in a five-way second place tie, one stroke behind the leader at the Green Mountain National Golf Course in Killington, Vt.
Kohler of Hooper Golf Club in Walpole, who will tee off at 9 a.m. Wednesday from the 10th tee, was steady throughout the day.
Kohler, who is a graduate of Keene State College where he played baseball as a pitcher for the Owls, lost to Craig Steckowych of Portsmouth CC 3 and 1 in the round of 32 during the New Hampshire Golf Association’s State Am Tournament at the Golf Club of New England in Stratham last week.
Newly-crowned NHGA State-Am winner Michael Martel of the Crotched Mountain Golf Club and Resort joined fellow Granite Stater Damon Salo in a 10-place tie for 27th overall with a two-over 73 score.
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council