Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats win
Fisher Cats win seventh straight
The Fisher Cats stretched their winning streak to seven games with their 5-1 victory over Portland on Tuesday night. It was the fifth consecutive loss for the Sea Dogs.New Hampshire starting pitcher Marcus Walden earned the win by pitching eight innings.
Portland starter Bobby Lanigan (3-2) took the loss. He pitched four innings and allowed all five runs on six hits.
Center fielder Adam Loewen hit a two-run home run for the Fisher Cats, who did all of their scoring in the second inning.
Portland's scoreless streak ended at 32 innings when third baseman Gavin Cecchini hit a solo home run in the sixth.
The teams are scheduled to play the final game of their three-game series tonight (7:05). Ryan Tepera (7-6, 4.29) is scheduled to start on the mound for New Hampshire. Keith Couch (6-2, 3.64) is Portland's scheduled starter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 4
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
2 dead in I-89 collision in Lebanon
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options