Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats win
Fisher Cats win seventh straight
The Fisher Cats stretched their winning streak to seven games with their 5-1 victory over Portland on Tuesday night. It was the fifth consecutive loss for the Sea Dogs.New Hampshire starting pitcher Marcus Walden earned the win by pitching eight innings.
Portland starter Bobby Lanigan (3-2) took the loss. He pitched four innings and allowed all five runs on six hits.
Center fielder Adam Loewen hit a two-run home run for the Fisher Cats, who did all of their scoring in the second inning.
Portland's scoreless streak ended at 32 innings when third baseman Gavin Cecchini hit a solo home run in the sixth.
The teams are scheduled to play the final game of their three-game series tonight (7:05). Ryan Tepera (7-6, 4.29) is scheduled to start on the mound for New Hampshire. Keith Couch (6-2, 3.64) is Portland's scheduled starter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wall Street gains on GDP data; indexes post strong week - 0
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards online - 0
- High School Roundup: Trinity boys top Concord - 0
- Talib's grit, swagger endear him to Pats - 0
- NEGTC girls top notch in meet - 0
- Manchester’s Grauslys swims in nationals - 0
- Monarchs romp past Portland - 0
- Bedford girls in midseason form - 0
- Londonderry on the mark - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved