Home » News » Public Safety
Brother of Sunapee drowning victim, 3: ‘There one second, gone the next’
“She was Sidney Joy to everyone; she brought a smile to everyone’s face,” Ben Allen said of his sister, the day after she was found unconscious near the Perkins Pond shore.
Ben Allen said his mother and father always rented the Mary’s Road cottage at this time of year; he and his five sisters always had fun in the cottage’s yard and shoreline, he said.
The family “had just got there, you know, setting up for the week,” he said.
“He noticed she was gone, and he started calling for her,” Allen said of his father. “It all happened fast; she was there one second and she was gone the next.”
Police weren’t sure how deep the water was where she was found.
“He tried to save her,” Ben Allen said.
The family was in Massachusetts Monday, making funeral arrangements.
“We’re trying to deal with it; it’s very hard to understand. It’s really hard to believe she’s gone,” Ben Allen said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 9
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072