Epping official: Remains at cemetery undisturbed
After researching concerns about the condition of the Dow Cemetery, Jerry Langdon, chairman of the town’s cemetery trustees, told selectmen last week that no bodies have been touched.Langdon began researching when concerns about the cemetery were raised by some residents and town officials after it appeared the cemetery had been dug up in spots.
Langdon told selectmen last month that he didn’t believe any of the grave sites had been disturbed, but he conducted further research over the past month to confirm his belief.
“Monuments haven’t been removed at least in the last 25 years. It had nothing to do with the Thayers owning that property,” Langdon said last week.
But it’s unclear where those stones belong and how they ended up at the Leddy Cemetery. The Thayers have said they believe the Dows are buried in the cemetery along Dimond Hill Road, but Langdon said last week that the town has no documentation of who is buried there.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 2
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 1
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
- Sam Cohen: ‘No compromise’ gun groups shoot themselves in the foot - 8
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 18
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 20
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, 17 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation; $30M for roads approved - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal