Home » News » Public Safety
Another weekend sees two drownings in NH
On Sunday, members of the State Police Marine Patrol were dispatched to a home on Sunapee's Perkins Pond at 11:54 a.m., on a report of a possible drowning. State police say once on scene, Marine Patrol officers Shawn Jeanson and James Yazinski were told a 3-year-old was playing outside with family members when the girl's mother realized she was missing from the group.
The girl was taken to New London Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The New Hampshire Marine Patrol said anyone paddling a kayak or canoe should wear a life jacket or other personal flotation device; life jackets also should be worn when tubing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man presumed drowned - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man presumed drowned - 0
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 2
- Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs - 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen ejected in Candia rollover - 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Havenstein announces for Republican nomination in governor's race - 11
- Tuition to go down 5 percent at community colleges - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Nashua man arrested on domestic violence charges - 0
- UPDATE: Supreme Court hears from both sides on education tax credits - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
Manchester settles with federal civil rights agency over minority students in advanced courses
Lawmakers fight to find Medicaid fix
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
School fights mascot battle