Home » News » Public Safety
Serious injuries in Route 3A wreck in Hudson
Shortly before 11 a.m. on Monday morning, Hudson police and fire crews were summoned to the accident scene on Route 3A, near Pelham Road.
A second ambulance was called to the scene 10 minutes later.
According to local police, several witnesses reported seeing the driver of the Honda turn left onto Pelham Road, right in the path of the oncoming the red truck. The truck, which was pulling a small trailer, was unable to stop in time and struck the Honda.
The Honda's driver, who apparently wasn’t wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, suffered injuries described as serious after the vehicle was forced across the intersection, coming to rest on the side of Lowell Road.
The victim, who police didn't identify pending notification of family, suffered a head injury and lacerations and was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua.
The truck's four occupants, believed to have suffered minor injuries and possible shock, were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Nashua as a precaution.
The crash remains under investigation by the Hudson Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth