Home » News » Public Safety
Serious injuries in Route 3A wreck in Hudson
Shortly before 11 a.m. on Monday morning, Hudson police and fire crews were summoned to the accident scene on Route 3A, near Pelham Road.
A second ambulance was called to the scene 10 minutes later.
According to local police, several witnesses reported seeing the driver of the Honda turn left onto Pelham Road, right in the path of the oncoming the red truck. The truck, which was pulling a small trailer, was unable to stop in time and struck the Honda.
The Honda's driver, who apparently wasn’t wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, suffered injuries described as serious after the vehicle was forced across the intersection, coming to rest on the side of Lowell Road.
The victim, who police didn't identify pending notification of family, suffered a head injury and lacerations and was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua.
The truck's four occupants, believed to have suffered minor injuries and possible shock, were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Nashua as a precaution.
The crash remains under investigation by the Hudson Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 2
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS device locates stolen truck in Merrimack - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist