Home » News » Public Safety
Serious injuries in Route 3A wreck in Hudson
Shortly before 11 a.m. on Monday morning, Hudson police and fire crews were summoned to the accident scene on Route 3A, near Pelham Road.
A second ambulance was called to the scene 10 minutes later.
According to local police, several witnesses reported seeing the driver of the Honda turn left onto Pelham Road, right in the path of the oncoming the red truck. The truck, which was pulling a small trailer, was unable to stop in time and struck the Honda.
The Honda's driver, who apparently wasn’t wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, suffered injuries described as serious after the vehicle was forced across the intersection, coming to rest on the side of Lowell Road.
The victim, who police didn't identify pending notification of family, suffered a head injury and lacerations and was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua.
The truck's four occupants, believed to have suffered minor injuries and possible shock, were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Nashua as a precaution.
The crash remains under investigation by the Hudson Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief