Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Nashua man charged with making mom drive him to Mass. drug house
Salem police arrested Shaun Driscoll, 28, in the Walmart parking lot shortly after 2:30 p.m. on Saturday after a store employee summoned them to the scene.
The unidentified 67-year-old woman told police her son had held her inside her home since the previous day, threatened her with a knife and locked her in the bathroom for eight hours early Saturday morning before forcing her to drive him to an ATM to withdraw cash, then over the border to Lawrence to buy heroin.
After making his drug purchase, Driscoll allegedly ordered his mother to drive him to Walmart, telling her to stay by his side or else he would kill her with his knife, according to Salem Deputy Police Chief Shaun Patten.
Patten said the victim was able to make a quick getaway when Driscoll meandered into the gun section to check out the firearms displays, giving her just enough time to summon a store employee for help.
Attempting to flee the scene in his mother's car, Driscoll was apprehended by two Salem police officers in the upper parking area.
A search of the victim's vehicle revealed a bayonet knife.
Driscoll, whose bail for the Salem charges was set at $2,000, faces charges of criminal restraint, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and criminal threatening with a deadly weapon.
He was later turned over to the Nashua Police Department where more charges are pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'