Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Nashua man charged with making mom drive him to Mass. drug house
Salem police arrested Shaun Driscoll, 28, in the Walmart parking lot shortly after 2:30 p.m. on Saturday after a store employee summoned them to the scene.
The unidentified 67-year-old woman told police her son had held her inside her home since the previous day, threatened her with a knife and locked her in the bathroom for eight hours early Saturday morning before forcing her to drive him to an ATM to withdraw cash, then over the border to Lawrence to buy heroin.
After making his drug purchase, Driscoll allegedly ordered his mother to drive him to Walmart, telling her to stay by his side or else he would kill her with his knife, according to Salem Deputy Police Chief Shaun Patten.
Patten said the victim was able to make a quick getaway when Driscoll meandered into the gun section to check out the firearms displays, giving her just enough time to summon a store employee for help.
Attempting to flee the scene in his mother's car, Driscoll was apprehended by two Salem police officers in the upper parking area.
A search of the victim's vehicle revealed a bayonet knife.
Driscoll, whose bail for the Salem charges was set at $2,000, faces charges of criminal restraint, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and criminal threatening with a deadly weapon.
He was later turned over to the Nashua Police Department where more charges are pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 0
- Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man charged with felony cruelty to animals - 0
- Winchester cold case murder solved; investigators say serial killer died in prison - 0
- Second bomb threat in a week at Farmington High School - 1
- Rochester teen indicted for murder of Madbury teen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483