Gate City Musings: Where have you been up to, Mayor?
Why does our city's CEO feel she is exempt from the right-to-know law when it comes to her public travels?
When someone runs unopposed for the highest elected position in the state's second largest city, does arrogance come into play when the local media wants to know what she does with her time?
Does the mayor need two people to keep her "internal" and "external" schedules?
These questions and many more are surfacing since our duly-elected mayor decided to keep her public schedule private and away from the inquisitive reporters and electorate.
What's going on with our Board of Education and its attempt (or lack of an attempt) to keep an athletic director? Are the high school athletic programs and its host of coaches and assistant coaches so screwed up that they can't keep a director? The answer, of course, is no.
Main St. Rumblings ... Musings has learned that there has been some discussion at one of the Little City Halls (the one featuring sandwiches named after sports figures) about a petition to change the city charter eliminating a full-time mayor and allowing the naming of a professional city manager. Musings will follow this closely. Also heard was the gossip that yet another prominent city department head may be leaving not for greener pastures or retirement but for "personal reasons." Will the merry-go-round never stop?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform