Gate City Musings: Where have you been up to, Mayor?
Why does our city's CEO feel she is exempt from the right-to-know law when it comes to her public travels?
When someone runs unopposed for the highest elected position in the state's second largest city, does arrogance come into play when the local media wants to know what she does with her time?
Does the mayor need two people to keep her "internal" and "external" schedules?
These questions and many more are surfacing since our duly-elected mayor decided to keep her public schedule private and away from the inquisitive reporters and electorate.
What's going on with our Board of Education and its attempt (or lack of an attempt) to keep an athletic director? Are the high school athletic programs and its host of coaches and assistant coaches so screwed up that they can't keep a director? The answer, of course, is no.
Main St. Rumblings ... Musings has learned that there has been some discussion at one of the Little City Halls (the one featuring sandwiches named after sports figures) about a petition to change the city charter eliminating a full-time mayor and allowing the naming of a professional city manager. Musings will follow this closely. Also heard was the gossip that yet another prominent city department head may be leaving not for greener pastures or retirement but for "personal reasons." Will the merry-go-round never stop?
READER COMMENTS: 4
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 22
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 14
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 1
- Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value - 1
- Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools - 6
- Pat Buchanan -- Jonathan Gruber, honest liberal - 4
- Jonah Goldberg: Thinking about torture - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police remove dogs, cats and pig from Derry home after report of strong odor - 0
- Former New London police chief settles with female accuser - 0
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Reports: Celtics near completion of Rondo deal - 0
- Grid coach Cote, BG go their separate ways - 0
- Former owners of 'casualty' of Northern Pass file appeal - 0
- Holiday sales may recover with help of deep discounts - 0
- Wall Street has best 2-day gain since 2011 on Fed optimism - 0
- State Employees Association declares impasse in bargaining - 2
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs