Flooding tab tops $7 million in Lebanon
Reconstructing Slayton Hill will cost $3.4 million with an additional $900,000 for other highway infrastructure. The city's airport sustained road washouts, detention pond failure and buckling of pavement in the rear areas of the hangar facilities, with damage totaling $1.7 million. It will cost an estimated $300,000 to restore Storrs Hills and up to $50,000 to repair damage at Goodwin Park, according to the city manager's office Friday.
The weather also caused an estimated $400,000 in damage to Rivermere Community Housing.
As of Wednesday, the city spent about $137,000 on emergency response and temporary fixes needed to protect health and human safety following the July 2 flooding. Officials expect that number to increase.
The parking lot at Riverside Park washed out, causing around $2,000 in damage. The landfill sustained about $100,000 in damage from road washouts and destruction of two monitoring wells. City Hall and the library both experienced small leaks totaling around $5,000. There was about $7,000 related to water mains on Meriden Road, according to the city.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'