Home » News » Public Safety
Man drowns in Saco River in Conway after jump from trestle
Three people jumped more than 30 feet from the railroad trestle into the Saco River to swim, but only two resurfaced. Authorities were called in just before 2 p.m.
Rescue workers found the man a short distance downstream and performed CPR. He was taken to Memorial Hospital in North Conway, where he was pronounced dead.
The victim's name is being withheld pending notification of family.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 2
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in home with no detectors - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 8
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof