Construction begins on new residence hall at St. Anselm College
The new four-story, 47,000-square-foot building will be near the Bertrand and Brady halls and will accommodate 150 students.
"We had this building on the drawing board, but decided to put it on hiatus at that point," Horton said. "We decided that was the most prudent course."
While preliminary drawings show a building that will mirror others on campus, with a brick exterior that reflects a more traditional feel, the interior will be more modern.
"Living and learning communities essentially bring academic life into the residential environment," he said. "It softens the barrier between the two."
"Part of the Benedictine tradition is to balance different aspects of life," Horton said. "This really adheres to that concept."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'