Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Gathering pays tribute to slain Charlestown woman
It was a day for remembering and a day for letting go.
Her daughters, Gabrielle Robarge of Claremont and Ciera Robarge of Charlestown, released Chinese lanterns at the gathering.
Robarge, 42, was reported missing from her home, 124 Happy Acres Road, on June 27. Her remains were found in Unity July 6.
"The hardest part is they just lost a mother and a father at the same time," family friend Jeannie Bailey said at the memorial. "It's just mind blowing. It's hard to wrap your head around it."
One of Robarge's best friends, Tracy Williams of Chester, said the small, simple gathering that she helped organize was what Robarge would have wanted.
"We say less and we pray more" in the face of this tragedy, Lepine said. "We know that our words can't bring Kelly back, but a word here or there is going to offer some support and consolation to Kelly's family members and friends. But prayer is going to help us beyond our words. ... Our God is going to give us the peace and the strength that we need that no man can ever give."
He urged the gathering to look to God for support and to pray for Robarge and her family.
"Leaning on God is going to help us continue to press on in life, and if we don't, evil has the upper hand, it wins, and hope diminishes. ... Never lose hope, and know that our God loves us so much."
Friends also spoke at the service. Over and over again, they said Robarge was there for them anytime they called.
"Kelly always opened her home up to me," said Nicholas Perusich, who traveled from Missouri to say goodbye to Robarge. "I thought of her as a mom. I will always miss her."
"I always thought of her as another mom," she said. "I love you, Gabby, and I love you, Ciera. Your mom was such a wonderful woman. I could call her at any time and she would answer. And she was always the life of the party with her smile. And I just wanted to say I'm sorry, girls, and I'm going to be here for you no matter what."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Firefighters rescue five 'lucky ducks' in Londonderry - 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 1
- FairPoint union members to meet and talk strike - 0
- Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax
- Total Votes: 917