Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Lawyer wants parole revoked following alleged attack
Millard, who insists he is now the innocent victim of a child custody battle with the woman, was also convicted last year while on parole for negligent driving and criminal mischief for crashing his car into a Manchester house on May 5, 2012, and fleeing, then telling police the car had been stolen.
It was a brutal attack in 2004, according to the woman's attorney, David A. Vicinanzo. Millard beat and kicked her in front of their young child and bit her face while shaking his head back and forth like a dog that won't let go of a piece of meat, Vicinanzo said.
"He then choked her, squeezed her around the neck, preventing her from breathing. Millard then picked up a chair and threw it at her," Vicinanzo wrote in a letter to Parole Board Chairman Donna Sytek, which included a 60-page packet of public police and court records detailing Millard's past criminal charges and convictions.
Vicinanzo sent copies of the letter and packet to Attorney General Joseph Foster and a dozen other attorneys and law enforcement personnel in communities where Millard is known to authorities.
"I didn't do it. I didn't do this," Millard said in a brief telephone interview.
"Everything goes sour every time I open my mouth," Millard said.
"It's all about custody of my daughter," Millard said.
"Vicinanzo takes over and I'm seven days away from getting custody of my kid," Millard said.
Millard declined to discuss the indictment that brought him notoriety at a young age - which was dropped before trial - accusing him of first-degree murder in the brutal beating death of one of two elderly Hudson sisters, Loretta Allen, 76, and Doris Bean, 81, who were murdered in 1995.
Bean's murder is listed on the state police cold case website, which mentions Dorval's conviction, but adds police do not believe he acted alone.
Attorney General Foster on Friday said he hadn't seen Vicinanzo's letter and would look into that matter.
O'Neil said Millard will be arraigned and have a bail hearing Friday at 9 a.m. in Hillsborough County Superior Court in Manchester.
In her sworn statement to obtain a restraining order against Millard, Rollins said she maintained contact with Millard because he is the father of her daughter. The day of the January assault, Rollins said Millard went to her house in Nashua saying he was going to repay several hundred dollars she had loaned him.
Sytek said the parole officer notified the board of Millard's June arrest as required, but said the officer recommended allowing the case to proceed in court rather than hold a parole revocation hearing.
The officer also cited "mitigating factors" such as the woman waiting five months to report the crime and noted that a lawyer was representing her in a child custody fight, Sytek said.
"I cant believe it. It's 2013 and we're actually hearing outdated assumptions being made," Vicinanzo said.
His client did hesitate at first about following through with police.
"Because she is all alone in the world with no support and fearful of her life," Vicinanzo said.
But Sytek said the board agreed with the parole officer to let the matter play out in court.
The officer didn't seek an arrest warrant for Millard, Sytek said. "We trust their judgment. They know their (parolees). That was his decision and we agreed with it."
Sytek said the board wasn't notified about Millard's conviction last year, but wasn't certain whether the officer was required to do so.
Sytek, a former lawmaker who served as House speaker, was an architect of the truth-in-sentencing law that passed in the 1980s mandating every convict serve at least the minimum sentence before becoming eligible for parole. In New Hampshire, convicts are usually sentenced to a range of years from minimum to maximum, usually twice as many years, such as six to 12 years.
Vicinanzo said he thought the maximum sentence could be imposed if convicts seriously violate the conditions of parole, that having so much time hanging over their heads helped keep them on the right path.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge increases bail to $100,000 cash for Dover teen accused of starting fire Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester man accused of robbery at knifepoint - 0
- Sunapee man apologizes for deaths of Vermont couple - 0
- Hudson woman arrested in meth lab case - 0
- Candia police investigating possible pitbull fighting - 0
- Man shot by Nashua police says he was acting in self defense - 1
- Diocese issues narrative regarding investigation of monsignor - 0
- Bishops' statements on sentencing of Rev. Msgr. Arsenault - 0
- Man arrested after two men robbed on Canal Street - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 0
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
- Executive Council vote: Centralized immunization registry becoming a reality - 0
- Littleton music store still playing the right notes - 0
New Hampshire Club Notes
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917