Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Garnett/Pierce trade to Nets becomes official
The rebuilding Celtics, who also agreed to part ways with Jason Terry and D.J. White, will receive Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, Kris Joseph, Keith Bogans and first-round draft picks in 2014, 2016 and 2018.
Ten-time All-Star Pierce, a 15-year veteran, ranks fifth all-time in career 3-pointers made (1,823), while averaging 18.6 points, 6.3 rebounds and 4.8 assists per game.
“We are excited to welcome Kevin, Paul and Jason to Brooklyn,” said Nets General Manager Billy King. “All three players have championship pedigree and possess the veteran qualities that will make us a stronger team.”
“We would like to thank Paul, Kevin, and Jason for everything that they have done for this franchise,” Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said in a statement.
The Nets were also expected soon to announce the signing of Russian forward Andrei Kirilenko to a two-year contract, according to local media reports.
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0