Collins' two homers help Bedford topple North LL
Bedford will host undefeated Salem at 1 p.m. today in the finals. A Bedford win would force a winner-take-all game on Monday.
"He had a big day," said Bedford coach Tom Destafani. "I think getting in front early was big. We knew they had good pitching."
Collins then gave way to reliever Evan Schwartz, who quickly got two outs, but Nate Goonan hit a line drive home run to left to make it an 8-6 game.
"These kids pretty much always believe. No matter who was out there, they were all supportive," said North coach Matt Pellerin of his team's comeback effort. "They worked hard. It didn't matter, win or lose."
It could have been a big inning for North, but a double play erased two baserunners.
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0