Collins' two homers help Bedford topple North LL
Bedford will host undefeated Salem at 1 p.m. today in the finals. A Bedford win would force a winner-take-all game on Monday.
"He had a big day," said Bedford coach Tom Destafani. "I think getting in front early was big. We knew they had good pitching."
Collins then gave way to reliever Evan Schwartz, who quickly got two outs, but Nate Goonan hit a line drive home run to left to make it an 8-6 game.
"These kids pretty much always believe. No matter who was out there, they were all supportive," said North coach Matt Pellerin of his team's comeback effort. "They worked hard. It didn't matter, win or lose."
It could have been a big inning for North, but a double play erased two baserunners.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 46
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement