Collins' two homers help Bedford topple North LL
Bedford will host undefeated Salem at 1 p.m. today in the finals. A Bedford win would force a winner-take-all game on Monday.
"He had a big day," said Bedford coach Tom Destafani. "I think getting in front early was big. We knew they had good pitching."
Collins then gave way to reliever Evan Schwartz, who quickly got two outs, but Nate Goonan hit a line drive home run to left to make it an 8-6 game.
"These kids pretty much always believe. No matter who was out there, they were all supportive," said North coach Matt Pellerin of his team's comeback effort. "They worked hard. It didn't matter, win or lose."
It could have been a big inning for North, but a double play erased two baserunners.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released