Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Vote raises guard's hope for pardon
"I'm staying positive about it," said Thomas Schoolcraft, 27, of Keene on Thursday. "I think it's a good thing that they voted unanimously to grant the hearing, but I did notice they made those comments about pardons being only for people where there was a miscarriage of justice."
"I do want to note that personally I think the requirement for me to support a pardon would be that there was a miscarriage of justice, not simply that the offender has turned his life around or rehabilitated his life, so I want to be cautious about setting expectations for Mr. Schoolcraft that a pardon hearing is not, in fact, a pardon."
Any linkage of a New Hampshire pardon to the outcomes in Massachusetts does not bode well for Schoolcraft, who said Massachusetts appears to have denied his request, at least for now.
Schoolcraft says such a change would be shortsighted, even though his position in Cheshire County would be grandfathered.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Total Votes: 917