Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Vote raises guard's hope for pardon
"I'm staying positive about it," said Thomas Schoolcraft, 27, of Keene on Thursday. "I think it's a good thing that they voted unanimously to grant the hearing, but I did notice they made those comments about pardons being only for people where there was a miscarriage of justice."
"I do want to note that personally I think the requirement for me to support a pardon would be that there was a miscarriage of justice, not simply that the offender has turned his life around or rehabilitated his life, so I want to be cautious about setting expectations for Mr. Schoolcraft that a pardon hearing is not, in fact, a pardon."
Any linkage of a New Hampshire pardon to the outcomes in Massachusetts does not bode well for Schoolcraft, who said Massachusetts appears to have denied his request, at least for now.
Schoolcraft says such a change would be shortsighted, even though his position in Cheshire County would be grandfathered.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus