Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Abuse defendant says search was illegal
Roland Dow, 27, of Plaistow appeared Friday in Rockingham County Superior Court. He is charged with abusing his girlfriend’s 3-year-old son last November. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/Union Leader Correspondent)
“You are taking in an entire universe of information,” Gleason said in court on Friday.
Police obtained a warrant for the couple’s Main Street apartment in Plaistow on Nov. 16, and obtained a second warrant specifically for the computer on Nov. 20, according to Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino.
Zaino said the second warrant allowed police to seize “all files, documents and hard drives.”
Gleason likened the hard drive search to a situation where police came to the courthouse looking for drugs in the building, yet seized everything inside in building during their search.
“And after those seven days, you would have to close the book and can’t look at it anymore,” Wageling said.
Prosecutors have requested that the abuse charges and ones concerning the illegal recordings be consolidated into one trial.
Wageling said she expects to reach a decision within in the next couple of weeks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917