72 NH Boy Scouts to depart for 2013 national jamboree
Byrne and the other Scouts from troops throughout New Hampshire were headed to the 2013 National Scout Jamboree.
The Summit will be the permanent home for the Boy Scouts of America national jamboree, held every four years.
Scouts, who must have achieved at least first class status, have to apply to attend and must raise $1,800 for the trip.
Byrne said her son is really looking forward to the challenges of zip line courses and white-water rafting. “He’s ecstatic,” said Byrne.
Participants were encouraged to bring their cellphones. Byrne said there is an app that makes it easier to keep track of activities.
The jamboree is July 15-24, but the New Hampshire Scouts are traveling to West Virginia by bus, so they won’t be back until July 26.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.