Home » Sports » Motor Sports
NHMS Notebook: Tough to put together a win streak at NHMS
Those are the only two times any driver has won consecutive races at NHMS, either in the same season or spanning years.
But it was Busch's win in the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 on June 29, 2008 that started the current streak of 10 different winners in the last 10 races at New Hampshire, the longest active Cup streak going at any track.
Biffle, Stewart and Logano were among the drivers who came here and tested a couple of weeks ago.
Biffle had slipped in the point standings to No. 13 after a string of rough finishes — he was 36th , 36th, 13th and 31st — but is now back up to eighth.
Logano's up-and-down season continued with a 40th-place finish at Daytona last week. Logano had jumped four spots the previous week to No. 10 after the race at Kentucky and dropped back five to No. 15 after Daytona.
Newman has become a regular in the Whelen Modified Tour race at NHMS and is entered in Saturday's Town Fair Tire 100 again. ... Andy Seuss of Hampstead, who has been racing out of Salisbury, N.C., is also in the Modified race. Seuss is fourth in points on the Whelen Southern Modified tour. He finished third in the last Southern tour race at Caraway Speedway in Sophia, N.C. on Friday. ... Ryan Preece has won the last three Whelen Modified Tour races this season and with another victory would become only the third driver to win four straight in the series, joining Richie Evans and Mike Stefanik. Preece is doing double duty this weekend and making his Nationwide Series debut.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice