Home » Sports » Motor Sports
NHMS Notebook: Tough to put together a win streak at NHMS
Those are the only two times any driver has won consecutive races at NHMS, either in the same season or spanning years.
But it was Busch's win in the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 on June 29, 2008 that started the current streak of 10 different winners in the last 10 races at New Hampshire, the longest active Cup streak going at any track.
Biffle, Stewart and Logano were among the drivers who came here and tested a couple of weeks ago.
Biffle had slipped in the point standings to No. 13 after a string of rough finishes — he was 36th , 36th, 13th and 31st — but is now back up to eighth.
Logano's up-and-down season continued with a 40th-place finish at Daytona last week. Logano had jumped four spots the previous week to No. 10 after the race at Kentucky and dropped back five to No. 15 after Daytona.
Newman has become a regular in the Whelen Modified Tour race at NHMS and is entered in Saturday's Town Fair Tire 100 again. ... Andy Seuss of Hampstead, who has been racing out of Salisbury, N.C., is also in the Modified race. Seuss is fourth in points on the Whelen Southern Modified tour. He finished third in the last Southern tour race at Caraway Speedway in Sophia, N.C. on Friday. ... Ryan Preece has won the last three Whelen Modified Tour races this season and with another victory would become only the third driver to win four straight in the series, joining Richie Evans and Mike Stefanik. Preece is doing double duty this weekend and making his Nationwide Series debut.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Two in Keene robbed at home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list