Home » Sports » Motor Sports
NHMS Notebook: Tough to put together a win streak at NHMS
Those are the only two times any driver has won consecutive races at NHMS, either in the same season or spanning years.
But it was Busch's win in the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 on June 29, 2008 that started the current streak of 10 different winners in the last 10 races at New Hampshire, the longest active Cup streak going at any track.
Biffle, Stewart and Logano were among the drivers who came here and tested a couple of weeks ago.
Biffle had slipped in the point standings to No. 13 after a string of rough finishes — he was 36th , 36th, 13th and 31st — but is now back up to eighth.
Logano's up-and-down season continued with a 40th-place finish at Daytona last week. Logano had jumped four spots the previous week to No. 10 after the race at Kentucky and dropped back five to No. 15 after Daytona.
Newman has become a regular in the Whelen Modified Tour race at NHMS and is entered in Saturday's Town Fair Tire 100 again. ... Andy Seuss of Hampstead, who has been racing out of Salisbury, N.C., is also in the Modified race. Seuss is fourth in points on the Whelen Southern Modified tour. He finished third in the last Southern tour race at Caraway Speedway in Sophia, N.C. on Friday. ... Ryan Preece has won the last three Whelen Modified Tour races this season and with another victory would become only the third driver to win four straight in the series, joining Richie Evans and Mike Stefanik. Preece is doing double duty this weekend and making his Nationwide Series debut.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A man of the streets helped set up a haven for those who need it most - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Life isn't what it used to be for ER worker injured in attack involving mentally ill man - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A sewer for the century - 0
- Manchester aims to end junk king's reign - 11
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester slow to get the lead out - 5
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: These players got game – for foosball - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Reclaiming Manchester's parks - 3
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Doing the work, making a difference - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A simple man wills $176k to 5 city charities - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained