Home » Sports » Motor Sports
NHMS Notebook: Tough to put together a win streak at NHMS
Those are the only two times any driver has won consecutive races at NHMS, either in the same season or spanning years.
But it was Busch's win in the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 on June 29, 2008 that started the current streak of 10 different winners in the last 10 races at New Hampshire, the longest active Cup streak going at any track.
Biffle, Stewart and Logano were among the drivers who came here and tested a couple of weeks ago.
Biffle had slipped in the point standings to No. 13 after a string of rough finishes — he was 36th , 36th, 13th and 31st — but is now back up to eighth.
Logano's up-and-down season continued with a 40th-place finish at Daytona last week. Logano had jumped four spots the previous week to No. 10 after the race at Kentucky and dropped back five to No. 15 after Daytona.
Newman has become a regular in the Whelen Modified Tour race at NHMS and is entered in Saturday's Town Fair Tire 100 again. ... Andy Seuss of Hampstead, who has been racing out of Salisbury, N.C., is also in the Modified race. Seuss is fourth in points on the Whelen Southern Modified tour. He finished third in the last Southern tour race at Caraway Speedway in Sophia, N.C. on Friday. ... Ryan Preece has won the last three Whelen Modified Tour races this season and with another victory would become only the third driver to win four straight in the series, joining Richie Evans and Mike Stefanik. Preece is doing double duty this weekend and making his Nationwide Series debut.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Hot stove plus hockey equals cool doubleheader - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Much-loved Lemire was dedicated to city's kids - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: High school hoops preseason jamboree finally a reality - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Monarchs' Morris salutes fans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Stunning ending authored by Brady. - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: A couple of Pioneers are on the move - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Memorial principal explains football time changes - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Joe Sullivan stories recall a great storyteller - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: City champ eyes state title - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released