Milford High senior helps Boston bombing victims
With the help of the American Red Cross, he is doing just that.
Banuskevich, who will be a senior at Milford High School in the fall, said he was working at his job at Market Basket when friends started texting him about the bombings during the Boston Marathon on April 15.
“It happened so close to us,” he said. “I had friends down there who witnessed it. I felt like I had an obligation to do something to help.”
Banuskevich said that he recalls vague memories of the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, D.C., on Sept. 11, 2001.
The Boston Marathon bombings brought that feeling back, said Banuskevich, but this time he is old enough to do something to make a difference.
“I believe that every little bit helps,” said Banuskevich, “and it’s important that people don’t forget what happened.”
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466