Milford High senior helps Boston bombing victims
Mitchell Banuskevich is a Milford High school senior. He is also a member of St Patrick's Church in Milford. After the Boston Marathon bombings, he felt the need to help the victims. (COURTESY)
With the help of the American Red Cross, he is doing just that.
Banuskevich, who will be a senior at Milford High School in the fall, said he was working at his job at Market Basket when friends started texting him about the bombings during the Boston Marathon on April 15.
“It happened so close to us,” he said. “I had friends down there who witnessed it. I felt like I had an obligation to do something to help.”
Banuskevich said that he recalls vague memories of the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, D.C., on Sept. 11, 2001.
The Boston Marathon bombings brought that feeling back, said Banuskevich, but this time he is old enough to do something to make a difference.
“I believe that every little bit helps,” said Banuskevich, “and it’s important that people don’t forget what happened.”
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal - 28
- Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility - 8
- What Bartlett left: A Founding Father mostly forgotten - 1
- Hang Havenstein! He once quoted the President - 4
- Obama's priority: Raising money - 36
- Hey, bear: That ain't Fozzie - 0
- Obama's debt: His real legacy is coming - 15
- Paying for Medicaid: How will NH do it? - 42
- Into the woods: With knowledge and tools - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law