Milford High senior helps Boston bombing victims
Mitchell Banuskevich is a Milford High school senior. He is also a member of St Patrick's Church in Milford. After the Boston Marathon bombings, he felt the need to help the victims. (COURTESY)
With the help of the American Red Cross, he is doing just that.
Banuskevich, who will be a senior at Milford High School in the fall, said he was working at his job at Market Basket when friends started texting him about the bombings during the Boston Marathon on April 15.
“It happened so close to us,” he said. “I had friends down there who witnessed it. I felt like I had an obligation to do something to help.”
Banuskevich said that he recalls vague memories of the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, D.C., on Sept. 11, 2001.
The Boston Marathon bombings brought that feeling back, said Banuskevich, but this time he is old enough to do something to make a difference.
“I believe that every little bit helps,” said Banuskevich, “and it’s important that people don’t forget what happened.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 1
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?