Home » News » Public Safety
Explosion, fire claim a life in Nashua
Nashua firefighters were called to this two-story residence at 7 Carlisle Road shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday for an explosion and fire that claimed a life. (KIM HOUGHTON PHOTO)
Fire officials are not yet releasing the name of the individual found dead in the rubble of the house at 7 Carlisle Road. An autopsy will be conducted Friday morning, but in the meantime, fire officials say they are not providing the gender or age of the victim until family members can be notified.
City firefighters were called to the two-story residence shortly after 2 p.m. for a reported explosion and fire. Schultz said he is unsure whether an initial search of the home took place when firefighters arrived.
The explosion blew off a side wall of the house, according to Schultz, who said a garage door also separated itself from the structure.
The heat melted the siding of the house next door to the corner lot. However, on the other end of the home, flowers were still blooming on a vine that clung to a second-floor deck.
"I looked out and flames were coming out of everywhere, out of all the windows," she said. "The heat was so intense, I didn't go outside."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Check those pool filters for another invasive species - 0
- Lowell apartment house fire claims 7 lives, including three children - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 2
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?