Home » News » Public Safety
Natural gas ruled out as cause of Nashua fire
Fire officials gather at the scene of a fatal fire Wednesday evening in Nashua where one person was killed. The victim's identity is still being withheld. (KIMBERLY HOUGHTON/Union Leader Correspondent)
"The identity is still being withheld to protect the family's privacy. If they want to release it, they can do that," said Cynthia Bautista, Nashua fire marshal. The gender and age of the victim is also being withheld.
Crews returned to the fire scene on Thursday, picking through the rubble and shoring up the building.
Although the origin and cause of the fire have not yet been determined, she said, fire investigators have ruled out natural gas as the cause of the two-alarm blaze.
Bautista described the blaze as "pretty unique" but refused to elaborate on why the fire was so unusual in nature.
Once crews extinguished some of the blaze and firefighters were able to get inside of the building to search, the victim's body was discovered, Schultz said earlier, refusing to comment on where the person was found inside of the house.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?