Home » News » Public Safety
Natural gas ruled out as cause of Nashua fire
Fire officials gather at the scene of a fatal fire Wednesday evening in Nashua where one person was killed. The victim's identity is still being withheld. (KIMBERLY HOUGHTON/Union Leader Correspondent)
"The identity is still being withheld to protect the family's privacy. If they want to release it, they can do that," said Cynthia Bautista, Nashua fire marshal. The gender and age of the victim is also being withheld.
Crews returned to the fire scene on Thursday, picking through the rubble and shoring up the building.
Although the origin and cause of the fire have not yet been determined, she said, fire investigators have ruled out natural gas as the cause of the two-alarm blaze.
Bautista described the blaze as "pretty unique" but refused to elaborate on why the fire was so unusual in nature.
Once crews extinguished some of the blaze and firefighters were able to get inside of the building to search, the victim's body was discovered, Schultz said earlier, refusing to comment on where the person was found inside of the house.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change