Home » News » Public Safety
Derry police to buy new cameras for cruisers
With the funds, Police Chief Ed Garone said the department will be able to buy two new cameras, as well as the server, software and other equipment needed to upgrade the equipment.
The new cameras will improve quality for both the pictures and sound, and will save the department time as the software will automatically download the recordings as the cruisers pull into the parking lot of the police station.
Garone said the department will continue to seek funding for the remaining cameras over the next several years through grants and other methods.Councilor Mark Osborne asked Garone how effective he thinks it is to have cameras in the police cruisers.
"We do receive complaints on occasion, and since we have had the equipment, we have been able to review incidents," said Garone. "Not to my surprise, the officers have acted properly."
"From the camera, it was very apparent that the cruiser was at a green light and that the person turned on the red light," Anderson said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Argentina tops Netherlands in shootout to reach final - 0
- Uehara named to AL all-star team - 0
- Stocks up after Fed minutes on 'easy money' exit - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
- Seeking to upend Hobby Lobby court ruling, federal legislation crafted - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax