Home » News » Public Safety
Derry police to buy new cameras for cruisers
With the funds, Police Chief Ed Garone said the department will be able to buy two new cameras, as well as the server, software and other equipment needed to upgrade the equipment.
The new cameras will improve quality for both the pictures and sound, and will save the department time as the software will automatically download the recordings as the cruisers pull into the parking lot of the police station.
Garone said the department will continue to seek funding for the remaining cameras over the next several years through grants and other methods.Councilor Mark Osborne asked Garone how effective he thinks it is to have cameras in the police cruisers.
"We do receive complaints on occasion, and since we have had the equipment, we have been able to review incidents," said Garone. "Not to my surprise, the officers have acted properly."
"From the camera, it was very apparent that the cruiser was at a green light and that the person turned on the red light," Anderson said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Senate passes Medicaid expansion on bipartisan vote - 3
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- House kills suicide-related bills - 1
- Staples to shut 225 stores as online competition hurts sales - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving