Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Corporation that owns closed Portsmouth nightspot rejects plea offer
Matthew Stachowske, a lawyer for the corporation that owns the page, filed a petition in Rockingham County Superior Court on Monday, asking a judge to dismiss charges of illegally serving alcohol to patrons in a restricted area.
The two indictments against New Adventure LLC, the corporation that owns The Page, were returned by a grand jury in May.
"There is no law, let alone crime, against a licensee's service or consumption of alcohol on a 'dance floor' in the city of Portsmouth," Stachowske said in a court motion.
A judge on Monday set an Oct. 28 trial date.
The defense also requested a view for the jury that would require them to travel to the now-shuttered business at 172 Hanover St. in Portsmouth prior to the beginning of the trial.
Krantz was found dead in his apartment hours after he was struck by Zachary O'Neill, according to police.
O'Neill is currently jailed on a first-degree assault charge, awaiting possible indictment.
The Page shut its doors permanently June 21 as part of an agreement with the city ahead of a hearing before the state's Liquor Commission.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 18
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424