Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Corporation that owns closed Portsmouth nightspot rejects plea offer
Matthew Stachowske, a lawyer for the corporation that owns the page, filed a petition in Rockingham County Superior Court on Monday, asking a judge to dismiss charges of illegally serving alcohol to patrons in a restricted area.
The two indictments against New Adventure LLC, the corporation that owns The Page, were returned by a grand jury in May.
"There is no law, let alone crime, against a licensee's service or consumption of alcohol on a 'dance floor' in the city of Portsmouth," Stachowske said in a court motion.
A judge on Monday set an Oct. 28 trial date.
The defense also requested a view for the jury that would require them to travel to the now-shuttered business at 172 Hanover St. in Portsmouth prior to the beginning of the trial.
Krantz was found dead in his apartment hours after he was struck by Zachary O'Neill, according to police.
O'Neill is currently jailed on a first-degree assault charge, awaiting possible indictment.
The Page shut its doors permanently June 21 as part of an agreement with the city ahead of a hearing before the state's Liquor Commission.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 29
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424