Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Judge refuses to accept guilty plea in Manchester assault case
Karasi told the judge he wanted to plead guilty, but Michael refused to accept the pleas. He said because the new drug charge would be a second offense, and could result in jail time, Karasi should speak with an attorney before entering a guilty plea.
Has alternate explanation
Jon Orme, 25, pleaded innocent Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to charges of simple assault, criminal mischief, resisting arrest and violation of a domestic violence protective order. Trial was set for Aug. 13.
Court documents show the woman told police Orme hit her because he said she was taking too long in the bathroom. He claimed she has mental health issues and he was trying to shift her focus.
She told police Orme was in the residence Tuesday, in violation of the order. Court documents show police reported Orme could be seen in the residence, but refused to respond to requests to open the door. Another key was obtained, access was gained and Orme was arrested.
Offers excuse for missing court
Patricia Lanier, 44, who lists the homeless shelter as her address, told Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge Gregory Michael on Wednesday that she missed her scheduled May 13 court date on a simple assault charge because she had a broken wrist.
Lanier also faces charges in Hillsborough County Superior Court North. She was indicted by the May Hillsborough County North Grand Jury for second-degree assault of a man in 2011 and by the March grand jury for aggravated felonious sexual assault of a young teen boy in 2012.
Police prosecutor Lt. Peter Favreau Wednesday sought $500 cash/surety bail for a Concord woman being arraigned on a disorderly conduct charge in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division. Favreau also requested a bail condition requiring the woman complete the booking process at the Manchester Police Department before being released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council