Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Judge refuses to accept guilty plea in Manchester assault case
Karasi told the judge he wanted to plead guilty, but Michael refused to accept the pleas. He said because the new drug charge would be a second offense, and could result in jail time, Karasi should speak with an attorney before entering a guilty plea.
Has alternate explanation
Jon Orme, 25, pleaded innocent Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to charges of simple assault, criminal mischief, resisting arrest and violation of a domestic violence protective order. Trial was set for Aug. 13.
Court documents show the woman told police Orme hit her because he said she was taking too long in the bathroom. He claimed she has mental health issues and he was trying to shift her focus.
She told police Orme was in the residence Tuesday, in violation of the order. Court documents show police reported Orme could be seen in the residence, but refused to respond to requests to open the door. Another key was obtained, access was gained and Orme was arrested.
Offers excuse for missing court
Patricia Lanier, 44, who lists the homeless shelter as her address, told Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge Gregory Michael on Wednesday that she missed her scheduled May 13 court date on a simple assault charge because she had a broken wrist.
Lanier also faces charges in Hillsborough County Superior Court North. She was indicted by the May Hillsborough County North Grand Jury for second-degree assault of a man in 2011 and by the March grand jury for aggravated felonious sexual assault of a young teen boy in 2012.
Police prosecutor Lt. Peter Favreau Wednesday sought $500 cash/surety bail for a Concord woman being arraigned on a disorderly conduct charge in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division. Favreau also requested a bail condition requiring the woman complete the booking process at the Manchester Police Department before being released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Man who led Rochester police on chase held on $100K bail - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Mother asks judge for a break in her bail - 0
- Wakefield woman helps track alleged burglars - 0
- Three get prison for passing bad checks at Tilton outlets - 0
- Inmate indicted in 2009 kidnapping, rape of woman - 0
- Smuggling drugs into Berlin prison an escalating problem - 0
- Assistant AG cites suspended County Attorney Reams' 'shocking behavior' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
- Retail sales up but stocks drop - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424