Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Five clean getaways in Manchester car wash burglaries
Over the past month, five car washes have been hit by burglars, according to police. One car wash was visited twice in a matter of hours. Two burglaries involved the removal of a change machine, one estimated to hold $1,000 in quarters.
The most recent break-in involved the Manchester Auto Wash at 47 Elm St. Police said the rear door to the business had apparently been kicked in overnight Monday. The burglar removed coins from the cash register, as well as at least 50 shiny tokens bearing the image of a vacuum.
On July 4, burglars twice visited the Circle T Car Wash at 2170 Candia Road, police said. Video surveillance shows two burglars arrived at the car wash around 3 a.m. and then returned an hour later, police said.
On June 11, the Circle T shed was also broken into and the change machine stolen. Video capturing that crime showed a lone white man driving a dark-colored sedan into the lot. On June 14, burglars tried to access the change machine at the Second Street Car Wash, 763 Second St. A computer was stolen.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 19
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 2
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483