Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Salem police dog tracks scent half mile to catch copper thief
Richard McPhee, 34, was charged with burglary, simple assault, resisting arrest, criminal mischief as well as being wanted on a bench warrant out of Plaistow, police said. He refused bail. A Salem woman, Julia Auler, 44, was charged with accomplice to burglary, receiving stolen property and possession of a controlled drug (Hydrocodone). She was held on $10,000 cash bail.
Neighbors reported seeing a suspicious vehicle circling the area and thought they could see a person walking around inside the vacant house at 25 Dustin Road.
Trigger trailed a scent to a backyard on Eyssi Drive where a man later identified as McPhee was found trying to conceal himself, authorities said. As Trigger located the man, McPhee began to kick at the dog, police said. After a brief struggle, McPhee was taken into custody.
Police said they later located the suspicious vehicle and arrested Auler, the driver.
Officers discovered copper pipe had been cut out of the vacant home and piled in a trash barrel by the door. Police believe McPhee was inside stripping copper while Auler was waiting to pick him up. Both are suspects in another residential burglary in the area the previous night, police said.
Just as Officer Dan Nelson and Trigger were clearing their search, Pelham police requested the K9 for mutual aid.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424