Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Woman charged in 3 city burglaries
Her criminal resume includes convictions for burglary, theft, drug possession, criminal threatening, even armed robbery, police said in court Thursday. Now, she faces three charges of burglary, two counts of credit card fraud, receiving stolen property, forgery and theft by deception.
"It's certainly not outside the realm of possibility she's connected to more," said police spokesman Lt. Maureen Tessier. "If someone is a burglar, they tend to be prolific."
"I kept staring at her face. I needed to remember that face, to make a mental note of it," Clayton said. After the woman walked off, Clayton called police and described the intruder.
Police charged Colon with two other burglaries — 579 Beech St. on July 8 and 279 Laurel St. on June 14.
Hours after the Laurel Street burglary, Colon allegedly cashed a check stolen from the home and later pawned jewelry from the home at a local pawn shop, police said.
She was arrested Wednesday while exiting the CVS store at 432 S. Main St. Police said they believe the credit card she used was stolen, but they have yet to locate the owner.
Tessier said some burglaries tend to be crimes of opportunity. Other are more professional, taking place after the burglar has walked the neighborhood and targeted homes.
Clayton said the burglar also got some cash and an iPad, which police told her was traded for drugs.
"There's a part of me that wanted to stop her from leaving and get her," Clayton said. "But you know what? Just call the cops."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483